Traffic Violations Lawyer in Austin, TX
Were you pulled over and issued a ticket for a traffic violation? Most traffic violations are minor, but some are on the more serious end of the spectrum. Whatever type of ticket you receive, it still comes with consequences that may range from fines to jail time.
Never “just pay” a ticket. Many people don’t realize that if you pay a traffic ticket in Texas without negotiating something, you are pleading guilty and taking a conviction on your driving record. It’s worth hiring a traffic violations attorney to fight a ticket for any violation, no matter how minor.
Call us today at 512-900-9769 to schedule your initial consultation.
What violations are considered minor?
Minor traffic violations are those that typically only result in minimal fines. Such violations include:
- Not wearing a seatbelt
- Disobeying a railroad crossing sign
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Parking in a disabled spot
These violations incur a fine as well as points against your driver’s license that affect your insurance rates. Too many points can result in suspension and even loss of your license.
Major traffic violations have harsher consequences
What would be considered a major traffic violation?
- Driving without a license (suspended license, minor without a license, etc.)
- Hit and run (leaving the scene of an accident where you were at fault)
- Reckless driving (extremely high speeds, erratic driving)
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
These have higher fines and could even result in jail time. You will be required to go to court. If you’ve received a ticket for any of these violations it is in your best interest to seek legal representation.
Benefits of Working with a Traffic Violations Attorney
You are not obligated to pay the fine for a traffic ticket or accept the consequences without first having an opportunity to plead your case in court. Paying the ticket is basically an admission of guilt. Instead, call a speeding ticket lawyer in Austin, TX who can help you fight your ticket in, or sometimes out of court. There are many benefits to getting an attorney.
- Save money. Yes, you can actually save money by hiring a lawyer to fight your ticket. If your lawyer can get the charge dropped, you will avoid paying any fines.
- Keep your license clear. Traffic violations accrue points against your driver’s license (or on your driving record as it is sometimes referred). Too many points can eventually lead to license suspension. The more severe the violation, the more points will be added. Points eventually fall off after a certain amount of time with no further violations, or you can voluntarily attend driving school to remove points sooner, but it is still in your best interest to accumulate as few points as possible.
- Keep your insurance rates low. Those points against your driver’s license directly correlate to the cost of your insurance. Some insurance companies offer accident forgiveness plans that claim your rate won’t increase because of an accident. But be careful, your rate will most likely increase at the time you add that extra coverage.
- Avoid severe consequences. If you commit a major traffic violation, your consequences could be more severe, such as higher fines and even jail time. A traffic lawyer could help you avoid or lessen these consequences.
Get the Help You Need From an Experienced Speeding Ticket Lawyer in Austin, TX
Jason Katims, central Texas attorney at law, is a licensed, experienced lawyer. If you’ve received a ticket for a traffic violation, Jason wants to help. Whatever the violation, from a minor traffic ticket to reckless driving, your situation would be best handled by trusted legal counsel.
Don’t wait, call Jason Katims 512-900-9769 immediately following your traffic violation when the details are still fresh in your mind. Those details could be crucial to your case.
About Jason Katims, Attorney at Law
Born and raised in Texas, Jason Katims is committed to personal freedom.
In 2018, he was recognized by the American Institute of Legal Advocates as a Rising Star in the field of Criminal Law, and by the Association of American Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 40 Under 40. In 2017, the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys recognized him as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Texas.
For more information schedule an initial consultation
“This was best laywer to me & my famliy have we ever had. Him & his team have been so much help from day one. I would recommend him to anybody. Very grateful for all the hard work they have done.”
“I have used Jason’s services multiple times, and every time he has not only gotten me the best case scenario of an outcome, but also was very cordial, personable, and professional throughout the whole process.”
“Jason came and got me out of jail fast and got my case dismissed without me ever having to go to court!”